Creamy Broccoli Fusilli
- Broccoli florets, tough stems removed – 1 head
- 200g organic minced turkey or chicken (go meatless for vegetarian-friendly)
- 100g INKKA fusilli
- 2 tbsp. organic ghee or butter
- 2 tsp. finely chopped garlic
- 3 tbsp. flour (we like Sukrin almond or sesame flours or you can choose quinoa or corn)
- 2 cups skim organic milk or almond milk
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup grated cheddar or Free From Violife Block Cheese Alternative
- ½ cup roughly chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook or steam the broccoli until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Heat a large saucepan over medium low heat. Add butter and garlic and cook until the garlic is aromatic (about 30 seconds).
- Add the meat with some water and cook until brown.
- Whisking constantly, stir in the flour, taking care the flour doesn’t brown. Continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the milk. It will thicken as it gets hot. Whisk constantly – any lumps will smooth out. Cook for 5 – 7 minutes. The mixture will bubble and thicken. When it no longer changes in consistency, it’s done.
- Cook your INKKA fusilli as per package instructions.
- Add the pasta to your sauce and stir in paprika and cheese and season to taste with salt.
- Enjoy like this or bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.