Bolognese Curvo Rigate
- 2 tsp. organic butter or ghee
- 2 cups. finely chopped onion
- ½ cup each finely chopped carrot
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 500g organic grass-fed minced beef
- ½ cup red wine or water
- ¾ cup roughly chopped basil
- 1 can plum tomatoes
- 1 pack INKKA Curvo Rigate
- 6 Tbsp. grated low-fat cheese or Free From Violife Block Cheese Alternative
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add the butter/ghee to sauté the onion, carrot and celery, seasoning with a little salt, pepper and oregano until softened and starting to brown – 8 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and stir until aromatic and caramelized – 30 seconds.
- Add the minced beef and increase heat. Continue to cook, breaking up the meat and cooking until the pan is dry and beef starts to brown well.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine/water. Cook for 5 minutes then add the tomatoes, breaking them up with a fork or whisk, and ¾ cup water. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer, adding the basil. Partially cover and continue to cook for 30 minutes or more if time allows, adding additional water if needed.
- In 25 minutes while the sauce is simmering, cook your pasta as per package instructions. When ready, drain and add to the Bolognese, leaving it for 2-3 minutes to soak up the flavour.
- Divide in 5 bowls. Top each bowl with 1 Tbsp. grated cheese.