Tomato Shrimp Linguine
- 1 pack INKKA linguine (227g)
- 1 tablespoon organic ghee or butter
(we like Pukka Herbs ghee)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth (water can also do with an organic chicken cube)
- 4 cups diced fresh tomatoes or 1 can (700g) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 400g shrimp, peeled
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled – for vegan options use Organic Tofu
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped**
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Sea Celtic salt to taste*
- Heat the ghee/butter in a pan over medium heat, add the onion and cook until tender – 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant – 1 minute.
- Add the wine or broth and simmer for a few minutes – 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and oregano and simmer until the sauce thickens – 10 minutes.
- Bring water to a boil and cook the linguine as directed on package.
- While the linguine is cooking add the shrimp to the sauce pan and simmer until cooked – 2-4 minutes.
- Mix in the feta, dill and parsley, season with salt and serve over the linguine. Leave for 2-3 minutes to soak up the flavour.
*Option: Add 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seeds with the garlic for improving digestion.
**Option: Use 1 teaspoon dried dill instead of fresh and add to the sauce along with the oregano.
Makes 4 servings.